Wills & Powers of Attorney
You need to protect yourself and your family by preparing a Will
WHAT IS A WILL?
A Will is a legal document that:
- Appoints the Executor of your Will. An Executor is an individual who you appoint to carry of the terms and wishes under your Will, when you die.
- Outlines how and to whom your assets will be distributed
- Provides specific wishes on asset distribution.
- Commonly, states your wishes for your funeral arrangements.
- Generally, appoints a guardian for your children.
WHY PREPARE A WILL?
A Will gives you and your family certainty on how your property will be distributed amongst them.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A WILL?
If you do not have a valid Will, your assets are distributed according to a formula set-out in relevant laws. These are commonly known as ‘rules of intestacy’.
POWERS OF ATTORNEY
Powers of Attorney are legal documents authorising a person to act on your behalf in order to make financial, legal and medical decisions for you.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
We can assist in preparation and lodgement of your Will and preparation of a wide range of Powers of Attorney.
FIXED FEE SERVICE FOR WILLS AND POWERS OF ATTORNEY
For all our Wills and Powers of Attorney clients, we estimate and fix our professional legal costs at the start of every transaction, hence avoiding any misunderstandings about our legal costs.